The Poacher have published their Autumn and Christmas menus.
A guinea fowl has been found roaming the village. It has a motley grey back and a white chest and is perhaps a female. At the moment he/she is in a safe place being looked after.
Please contact email@example.com 01954 267664 if you know who the owner is.
A manhole in the carriageway on Boxworth Road ( near No 50) has been damaged. This belongs to Anglian Water and the company will be repairing the damage. This may mean restrictions on the carriageway for a short period.
Cambridgeshire County Council will be carrying out works to improve the road surface on both the Conington and Elsworth Roads between Fenstanton and Elsworth.
The work is planned to commence on the morning of Wednesday 8th of November 2016 and will take up to six working days to complete.
In order to facilitate these works it is necessary to put in place a temporary road closure during weekdays between the hours of 08:30 and 15:30. A full diversion route would be in place during this time although access will be maintained to properties at all times. A copy of this diversion route can be seen on the parish council noticeboard.
The above schedule; however, is subject to change in extreme circumstances
Preparatory work to build our construction compounds has already started and we expect to begin main construction work later this year. The new A14 will open to traffic in 2020, with some work, such as removal of the Huntingdon viaduct, continuing beyond that.
To find out more about the scheme and how it affects you, come along to one of our public information exhibitions.
Public information exhibitions
- Offord Village Hall Tuesday 27 September, 2pm – 8pm
- Hilton Village Hall Thursday 29 September, 2pm – 8pm
- Bar Hill Village Hall Saturday 1 October, 10am – 4pm
- Madingley Village Hall Tuesday 4 October, 2pm – 8pm
- Alconbury Memorial Hall Wednesday 5 October, 2pm – 8pm
- Brampton Memorial Centre Saturday 8 October, 10am – 4pm
- Milton All Saints Church Hall Tuesday 11 October, 2pm – 8pm
- Oakington Pavillion Saturday 15 October, 10am – 4pm
- Swavesey Memorial Hall Wednesday 19 October, 2pm – 8pm
- St Ives United Reform Free Church Thursday 20 October, 2pm – 8pm
- Judith’s Field Hall, Godmanchester Monday 24 October, 2pm – 8pm (please note this change of venue, which was previously advertised as Godmanchester Town Hall)
Another month fly’s by and we have our Christmas Menu attracting loads of interest on the Web Site. August has been a steady month at The Elsworth Poacher with holiday time in full swing, but saying that we had some really well received events throughout the month.